Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday 1 February 2007

Simple Scrapbooks - or not!



I managed to snatch 5 minutes today before getting stuck into the mountain of shop orders to flick through the latest Simple Scrapbooks (they arrived with yesterday's delivery!) and was struck by how clean and simple but really beautiful many of the scrapbook pages in this issue were. I would really love to be happy to design a clean, simple page that can be made up really fast and be put straight into an album but I have to be honest, thats just not me! I have to stamp on it, paint on it, ink it, chalk it - practically set fire to it before I'm happy with the finished page and as a result my layouts can take hours to complete! I'd love to simplify what I do but I think we all have to be true to type and accept that we are who we are - and I'm an arty-farty type who likes to put everything but the kitchen sink onto a page!

I found myself getting a bit clucky as this Simple Scrapbooks is a baby issue with 55 baby layouts in it. My friend Tracey has just had a baby girl and I am desperate to design some girlie baby pages for her and hopefully get her back into scrapbooking. I feel a bit of scraplifting coming on......!!! I might just curl up on the sofa after dinner and get some inspiration!

You can find the current issue of Simple Scrapbooks at www.totalpapercrafts.co.uk - grab one and get inspired too!

Karen :o)

No comments: