Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday 2 February 2007

What inspires you?



I managed to sneak another 5mins today to have a flick through the latest book from Creating Keepsakes and I really love it! 'Easy Patterns for Scrapbooking' is geared to help you to create more with less - faster pages with less waste, what a fab idea! The book follows on from a new feature in Creating Keepsakes that shows you exactly how to cut your cardstock and patterned paper to create a number of papercraft projects. You are given precise measurements and each piece is labelled just as on a sewing pattern so it can be used later. The first pattern I turned to in this jam-packed book created 3 double page scrapbook layouts, a gift bag and a card using just 7 sheets of cardstock and 3 sheets of patterned paper - now thats going some!!

I have to admit to being inspired by my quick flick and now I just need someone to help me squeeze a few extra hours into my day so I have the time to do something! Books and mags always get me inspired, what does it for you? Do you browse galleries on internet sites, are you inspired by interior decor or do your photos themselves inspire you to get out your toolkit and get on with something? If you are stuck for ideas or just want to learn how to do more with what you have, you can't really go wrong with this great book. You can find 'Easy Patterns for Scrapbooking' at www.totalpapercrafts.co.uk

Have a great Friday!
Karen :o)

No comments: