Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday 20 June 2012

Total Papercrafts June kit 2 version 2

I finally managed to complete my sample design using kit 2 for this month but it was no easy task as Claire's page is just so good it is a hard one to follow!  I have included a piece of canvas in the kit which hadn't arrived in time for Claire to play with so I felt it would be a good way to include a different technique.  I used the canvas and a piece of the patterned paper in an image transfer technique.  It is very simple but it relies on using a really good transfer medium such as gloss gel medium, matte medium or glue n seal.  I loved the shabby vintage result achieved, the transfer had a few imperfections which only added to the final effect, it is great fun!

This sample uses a 6" x 4" landscape photo, the picture of the Queen is actually a supermarket gift card marking the Jubilee - they are free if you ask nicely!

To complete this sample page you'll need a pale beige inkpad to antique the white papers slightly, I used Distress Ink in Antique linen.  I also used a white inkpad and a decorative border stamp - a chalk ink works really well on dark cardstock.  I added touches of red, blue and green inks (Distress Inks in Barn Door, Stormy Sky and Peeled Paint).  I cut flower layers, leaves and swirls from the patterned paper and created the title using patterned paper and Sissix dies.   As usual there is a lot going on here but thats my style - you can choose to leave some elements out if you prefer.

The instructions for both sample designs will be included with the kit, the last time we did so there was a huge surge in requests for 2 of the kit so that both versions could be completed.  If you would like 2 of this kit please email me and I will allocate the second kits in the order they are requested.

If you are attending club I will have the swirl and flower dies available for you to use together with the border stamp. 

No comments: