Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday 1 December 2011

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas - day 1

I was really excited this morning to log onto Tim's blog and see what he had created as his first tag in his '12 Tags of Christmas' and I wasn't disappointed! I had thought long and hard about whether I needed the Alterations pine cone Sizzix die and talked myself out of it but I have to say I do love how they come out. Tim has added a great youTube video demonstrating how to assemble the pine cones!
I love how he encourages you to use what you already have rather than rushing out to buy everything to make his example. With that in mind I realised that the spiral flower technique I uploaded to youTube last year would very easily adapt to make the pine cones with a little tweek. Use scallop scissors to cut the spiral and you will make a shape very similar to that created with the die.
The glitter on the title word looks stunning and I have to admit to having a soft spot for glitter and bling and there was a great tip on how to create glitter effects without getting covered yourself. To be honest the whole blog post is technique upon technique which you can choose to use together or take one or two forward to your next project.
Check out Tim's blog at www.timholtz.typepad.com for today's fabulous tag techniques.

No comments: