Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday 19 December 2011

December Daily - days 13 to 19

Here we go with a few more pages from my December Daily project....

Each year I like to get a new pair of PJs, not just any old ones - I'm very exacting about the sort of thing I'm looking for!  Comfort is a high priority but I also want them to look Christmassy, not always an easy find!  The left hand page is a transparency so I matched the photo on top of the previous one and added journaling on a circle tag.  I included the clothing tag and price label from my PJs on the right hand page, in years to come it'll be fab to have evidence of the prices!

 Our Kent club night was held at the Gravesend Salvation Army hall and I wanted to remember how grateful I am that we have this facility and to thank Pauline for her efforts in booking this venue for us.  You are such a star Pauline and I am so thankful to have you as a friend xxx
These were pretty simple pages with hand written journaling on strips of patterned paper and photos opposite.

Jack's 6th form college year organised a charity fundraising sponsored walk along Southend Pier (for those of you who don't know, we have the world's longest pier in our town!).  They dressed up in crazy costumes and had so much fun, it was a great way to raise money for the Advent Charity Week.
The left page is simple with the title and photo (a huge year group shot where Jack is a tiny speck marked by an arrow!).  The right hand side is a skinny pocket page with more photos attached to journaling cards for more details.


Amber & I had a girlie day together in town doing the last of my gift shopping and while we were in the shopping centre we came across Santa in his grotto.  The place was deserted and  I couldn't resist asking if I could have my photo taken!  Who says you can only use photos of kids with the big guy?!
The left side is the reverse of the pocket page holding the journaling about today.  The right is a simple photo and title.


 Every year Dave takes me on a drive around the local towns to see the Christmas lights at night.  I wasn't really feeling it this time but he gently coaxed me into the car and I'm so glad he did!  I took loads of photos of the lights and we had such a great time.
The lefthand side is a pocket page for journaling and more small photos.  The right side is another corset page holding a concertina mini book stuffed full of photos and more journaling (it actually opens out to three times this size but you get the idea).


 The food shopping was ticked off our list as we ventured to the supermarket to pick up the bulk of our Christmas dinner goodies.  The local Rotary club were collecting for charity alongside a fab sleigh which was belting out Christmas Carols, the reindeer were great!
A simple left page was paired with a pocket on the right where I popped the receipt and journaling - the prices of food might come as a bit of a surprise in years to come (it was a surprise at the checkout I can tell you!!).

A Christmas coffee is compulsory!!  I eagerly await the launch of the flavours each year and then look forward to chilling out with a large mug of whatever takes my fancy!
The left page is simple with the addition of this year's seasonal cup sleeve which makes a free embellishment.  The right sode is a mini coin envelope page with more small sized photos and a journaling card.

No comments: