Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday 28 December 2008

Have you recovered?

Well, thats Christmas done for another year, have you recovered from yours yet? We had an amazing day with all of the family round. We had both sets of parents plus aunts and uncles which gave us a real houseful. I just love having the family around me and the house filled with chatter and laughter and this year was fab as it was our first Christmas in our new house. Dinner turned out great too, being organised paid off as everything came together like clockwork.

I was spoiled rotten this year by Dave who treated me like a princess - as always! I was a very lucky girl and got so many gorgeous gifts but the best present of all was seeing Dave walk into the house followed by the kids - I nearly screamed for joy when I saw them. Dave's Mum and I both burst into tears because we haven't been 'allowed' to see them for over 6 months. It was magical to have them back in the house even if they were only allowed to stay for 30mins. It was as if no time had passed at all - they were right at home, everyone playing together and laughing. The best gift of all was when they both came to me of their own accord and gave me the biggest hugs and kisses to say goodbye - I thought my heart was going to burst! I held them so tight and really didn't want to let them go because we just don't know when we'll be allowed to see them again. It's so sad that they are denied these relationships, every child needs their extended family - its very, very sad.

When the kids had gone we spent the afternoon playing games, talking and laughing together which was really lovely - a great feeling of family and the real spirit of Christmas. It was very late before we called it a night after one of the best Christmases ever! So thats it for another year, next stop - the sales!!!

No comments: