Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday 1 December 2008

December kit #1

Whew! I can hardly believe that we're in December, the crop is over and I'm having to think about the December club kits! The crop was great fun, we had a great mix of people and there was so much laughter in both the main cropping room and the classroom. My back went on Friday morning and we were all terrified that I'd be whisked off to hospital exactly as I was this time last year! Fortunately I was able to get to my GP straight away who filled me up with super-duper stuff that made the pain bearable and I spent the weekend in a very happy place!!

I am so incredibly grateful to Dave and Lynda who got the shop organised and loaded this end - and to the amazing Pauline who ran everything with military precision once we arrived at the hall. I just couldn't do these days without these three and I really appreciate everything they do - you all deserve a big kiss!!

I also want to say thank you to Claire for a fab class - you rock girl and I can't wait to see what you have in mind for us next time! I've already been threatened with all sorts if someone doesn't get into your next class, I think thats a good thing!! LOL!!

A special thank you to my amazing Kent girls who always turn up early and get stuck into the setting up - Maria, Sue and Karen. I love you to bits and my back loved you even more this weekend! All this and they brought ME presents too, somethings just not right there!

Anyway, onto the December club kit. Everyone will get 2 kits this month despite there only being one club night in both Kent and Essex - unless you really fancy scrapbooking on Christmas Eve?? Both kits are Winter themed and this will be the kit that I'll be teaching at club. The second kit instructions will be sent out before club and all the kit subscribers will get them in the kits as usual.

The sample uses a 6" x 8" landscape photo but you could opt for a smaller pic or use two 6" x 4" portraits. I'll be bringing along my heat gun as I heat embossed the outside edges to give a glossy, frosty effect. If you have a heat gun plus clear embossing ink and powder you might want to bring it along - it will save you having to wait for everyone else. I'll also have some snowflake stamps and white StayZon so you can stamp your title letters if you want to. You will need 3d foam pads, a brown and a white inkpad - thats all! The templates for the snowflakes and swirls will be in your kit - I tried not to make them too fiddly but they are worth it!



No comments: