Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday 15 May 2012

Total Papercrafts kit 2 for May - v.2

Photo credit - www.aseyeseeitimages.com

As promised, here is my version of this month's kit 2 - you can see how beautifully the papers can be altered to co-ordinate with the colours in your photos!  I opted to highlight the purple in these stunning photos of my sister and added touches of complimentary yellows.  I also wanted to do a 2 photo design for those who prefer to get more photos onto each page.  There is still plenty of room for all my usual 'twiddly' bits and layers so it was tons of fun.

I have to admit to more than a few unsavoury words when I was using the transfer foils in the kit, some of the colours seem to easier to use than others - I have no idea why.  It turned out to be a happy accident though, I ended up creating stamped swirls with two colours of foils rather than just the one colour I had initially intended.  The end result had far more depth and dimension than I ever expected and I loved it.  I think thats the best way to create sometimes, just accept that things go wrong sometimes and just go with it - you never know what you may end up with!!  Foiling onto the ribbon wasn't as successful and I ended up with a distressed painted finish which was patchy and not what I was really hoping for but I went with it anyway - oh well!

I used two portrait 6" x 4" photos, the kits has lots of butterflies and flowers so it would be fab for heritage photos and/or feminine pics.  I do think this kit could be used for more than these themes though, it really depends upon what you choose to cut out of the papers and how you decided to colour them.

You will need a selection of water based inks (I used Distress Inks in Ripe Persimmon, Dusty Concord, Mustard Seed, Festive Berries, Black Soot and Peacock Feathers), a brush and water (I used a water brush to prevent accidents!!), a swirl stamp, Glossy Accents, decorative border punch, needle and black thread, crystal flower centre.

The stamps and punches that I used for my sample will be available to use at the Kent and Essex clubs.

As I said yesterday, the instructions for this kit will include the steps for BOTH the designs that have been created with this kit - you get 2 for the price of 1!! When we have offered this in the past we have had enquiries regarding purchasing second kits as you have loved both of the designs.  The answer is YES, we do sometimes have some spare kits and if you would like a second kit just drop me an email.  I really love how different the two samples are this month, one is light and airy and the other is darker and atmospheric - just goes to show you that these kits can be used for so many different types of pages!

No comments: