Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday 29 August 2008

First of the September kits



Wow - hasn't the school holiday just flown by? It hardly seems like 5 minutes ago that Jack was bursting through the door singing "School's out for Summer........!!!" at the top of his voice! Now we're sorting his uniform out again and getting ready for his German exchange student to arrive.

I thought for our first club kit in September that I'd like to try to hold onto some of that Summery feeling (not that we've had much of a Summer!!) with shades of pale terracotta and beige and a bit of worn aqua - colours that remind me of a Tuscan villa. The kit has loads going on, 2 sheets of Bazzill cardstock, 4 patterned papers, a colour rub-on title, a whole pack of chipboard (I only used a fraction of what comes in the kit!) and a pack of flowers. The only things you need to add are a creamy brown inkpad, 3d foam pads and some brads. I used a 7" x 5" portrait photo for this one but there is scope to use multiple pics or an even bigger photo if you prefer.

I played with my BasicGrey precision file set when I was putting the sample page together as I always struggle to get a crisp finish when I cover chipboard - those little files are fab! A scrap of sandpaper can do the job too but the very fine angles and circular punch-outs are always a challenge. I have to say that there was a file for each and every job I needed them for and the end result was really sharp and clean - I'm impressed with these and they are now part of my basic toolkit!

No comments: