Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday 15 February 2009

Off to the NEC tomorrow


This looks like it will be a very busy week for us as we are off to the Craft, Hobby & Stitch trade show up at the NEC for the day tomorrow and then its back to the usual pre-crop madness leading up to Saturday! I look forward to this trade show because despite the lack of showbiz pizzazz of the shows in America, this one feels homely and friendly. We can normally do the show in a day and come away with arms full of catalogues and samples, brimming full with ideas for kits and classes. I have learnt a few lessons along the way....

1. take a small wheeled backpack for all the 'bumpf' you collect through the day

2. pack a few bottles of water because these venues usually charge an arm and a leg

3. wear really comfy footwear, in America I'd wear my Birkenstocks but Feb is a bit too frigid for exposed toes!!

4. wear layers becuase its either way too hot or way too cold in the show venue

5. take your beloved along because then he can drive back!!

I'll let you know what we get up to and what exciting things are at the show, I can't say I'm looking forward to getting up at 5am though!!

No comments: