Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday 2 January 2013

Random Acts of Kindness

I first heard of random acts of kindness (RAKs) about 10 years ago on a scrapbook forum. Members just did something nice for another person, it could be something very small like sending them a small packet of embellishments but it was about the thought behind it.

Yesterday one of my friends posted on Facebook that as she will be turning 50 during 2013 she wants to mark this by promising to do 50 random acts of kindness. A little while later she posted again and said that she thought it would be amazing if 49 people could join her to make 50 and a total of 2,500 kindnesses. I signed up right away and so did quite a few of us. In the space of a few hours there were 39 of us taking part.

I reckoned that it would be one small thing each week and that would be such an easy thing to do. Kind acts can be so powerful and let's be honest, we can all do with more kindness in our lives. It doesn't have to cost anything financially, it can be as small as holding a door open for someone or giving up a seat. I can absolutely do that and I do that sort of thing anyway but making a conscious effort to do something nice can only be a good thing.

If you'd like to join in with the group then feel free to drop me a text/email and I can add you to the Facebook group. Lets start the year off with some good stuff!!

No comments: