Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday 14 January 2009

Happy Wednesday!

This is supposed to be the most depressing time of the year so I thought I'd wish you a Happy Wednesday!!

I've had a lovely phone call from my ex where we were able to sort out a few niggly things that had the potential to blow up into massive problems but fortunately we respect each other enough to talk rather than trying to score points. I count myself very lucky that despite everything we have always been able to talk to each other reasonably. I think thats because we have both always put our son first and recognised that everything we do has an impact on him in some way, including how we talk to each other. I had some very good advice when we split which was that if I chose to fight with my ex I would be making a concious decision to hurt my son - that rang bells with me and so I decided definately not to. We do still disagree from time to time but we don't argue, we talk (lots sometimes!!) and never in front of him because kids seem to have the ability to take an issue and make it their fault. We have completely seperate conversations to the normal phone and physical contact so that these stay stress-free and it works for us which is fab.

Don't get me wrong, it has been a challenge at times but I truly feel that part of my role as a Mum is to ensure that my son has a strong relationship with his Dad. The last thing I would want is for him to feel that he has to take sides and so we've both tried to make it as easy as possible for him to have a life with us both. I suppose the key thing is that I want us all to get along and I am supremely happy with my life as it is right now - I suppose these things are easier to deal with when you are at peace with yourself.

So the result of the phone call was a happy compromise which we could both work with and a lovely natter! See you at club tonight if you are joining us and Happy Wednesday!!

1 comment:

Amie said...

Good for you! I'm sure it's a difficult thing to go through and you're making the best of it!