Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday 11 July 2011

Entry in Val's Circle Journal

This was one of the more tricky themed circle journals, Val chose 'Grandchildren' for her album and I'm not yet in the realm of Grandchildren (and hope that we won't be there for a while yet!!). We don't have any young children in the family so it was really hard to think of something to fit Val's alternate suggestion of a special child in our life.
In the end and after some thought I decided to journal my own experience as a grandchild. My extended family is very large and I have lots of aunts, uncles and cousins but both sets live a great distance away from us. We have been fortunate to stay in touch over the years and I have many happy memories of family gatherings. I really wanted to share a few of my memories in this cj along with some pictures and I am really pleased with how it came together.
The tag behind the photos of my grandparents pulls out and has journaling letting Val know about my relationships with each of them and on the last page there is more journaling hidden under the main tag.
I used lots of basicGrey papers, 7gypsies tags, Tim Holtz tickets and journaling labels. The gorgeous velvet flowers are Petalloo and of course I had to add some of the gorgeous rose trim that has almost become my signature in this round of albums!
I hope you like what I have created for you Val x

No comments: