Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday 16 February 2011

Circle journal swap day

Jo's circle journal
Tonight we'll be making our first 'proper' rotation of our circle journals after making our first entries into another album. I was really intrigued by Jo's journal when it arrived in the post, the retro cover piqued my interest and I couldn't wait to see what she had in store for me! I asked her permission to post her journal and my entry here, I really wanted to share my pages but it is her album after all!
I was so excited to read that she wanted to know which item from my scrapbook stash provoked a positive childhood memory and loved her entry. I've crafted since childhood so I suppose I was quite spoilt for choice but I decided to share a memory of being taught to knit as a child which made my stash choice 'fibres'. I don't use fibres very much in my designing despite having a lovely selection in my stash so it was a challenge to get creative with fibres once again. Here is what I came up with.......
I got out my knitting needles (and blew the dust off them!), found a pattern online and knitted the flowers on these pages. There was quite a bit of cursing going on throughout the process as I chose a very difficult ladder yarn to knit with but the finished results were gorgeously textural and shimmery. I added my journaling to a tag which just peeks out the side of the photo mount and tied fibres through the top. I also added a tied bundle of fibres around the bloomers trim across the design. To finish off I added a gift of fibres to my signing in card for Jo to add to her own stash. I loved adding my entry to Jo's journal and felt that her theme really encouraged me to share something meaningful with her - I hope she likes it!
Wendy's circle journal
As I receive the journals through the post I was fortunate to get Wendy's album early rather than waiting until this evening and I couldn't wait to get stuck in! Her journal cover is clean and elegant with gorgeous hand-stamped ribbons tied to the book rings, just beautiful!

I was really keen to read the two entries following Wendy's theme of 'Inspiration and Motivation' and listened to Wendy's cd included in the back of the album. I knew exactly what I was going to share as my source of motivation - my one little word. I chose one word as my focus for 2011 rather than making a resolution and it has made a huge impact in my life already. I added a mini book to my page so that I could explain it all properly and include a couple of photos as well as my journaling. It looks like the Webster's bloomer trim is becoming a signature element in my smaller journal entries lately!!
Wendy kindly agreed to let me post my entry here and I hope that she likes it! I'm now ahead of the game with these journals which is a great feeling and it means I can pass both of them on tonight. I am loving this process so far and am so looking forward to the next one!

No comments: