Wednesday, 14 November 2012

Fractured doll angel

I have to admit, I've never really warmed to the Tim Holtz fractured dolls, in fact I've found them a little bit scary looking! However I decided to challenge myself to do something creative with these odd looking porcelain people and this angel was the result.
I decided that one of my main issues was that she was naked and so I set to making some dolly clothes for her. I found a small scrap of cotton lace and sewed a simple running stitch along the straight edge. A simple gather and a few stitches to secure the ends together around her middle and she had a skirt. I found a small piece of nylon lace which gave a nice contrast and repeated the stitching and gathering around her neck. She was now decently attired if not exactly ready to go clubbing!
I created a set of wings by cutting the shape freehand from some grungeboard. I covered the wings with pewter Distress crackle paint and left them overnight to dry and crack. The dry wings were inked with vintage photo Distress Ink and then secured to her back with Fabri Tac (hot glue would also work).
I really like this little angel and she is transformed from her scary former self into a sweet Christmas embellishment - perfect to add to my Configurations box!

No comments: